All of us have sung a nursery rhyme in our childhood
That sweet couplet is:
Machhli jal ki hai raani,
Jeevan jiske hai paani
Haath lagao toh dar jayegi,
Upar laoge toh mar jayegi
Fish is the queen of water,
whose life is water;
It is scared of the touch
and out of water it shall perish
This is not just true for fish, but for any life on the earth. Water is important for the continuation of life on the earth. It is the most basic need of everyone (human being, animal, plant and other microorganisms). Water is the unique source of life, without water we cannot imagine the life here. Life on other planets is not possible just because of the absence of water. It is considered as the most important among other known celestial bodies. Almost three-fourth area of the earth is covered by water and it constitutes around 60-70 % of the living world. It seems that water is endless renewable source on the earth because it is regenerated and redistributed all over the earth through evaporation and rain. It arises a question in our mind that if water is renewable source then why we should worry for water and try to conserve it.
Save water or conservation of water has been very essential to maintain the existence of life on earth because no life is possible without water. Water helps in the continuity of life cycle on earth as an exception in the whole universe as earth is only known planet having water and life. Water is our need throughout the life so only we are responsible to save it.
Death is more possible in the lack of water than the lack of food. It again arises a question in our mind that why we are so late in realizing the need of water saving and conservation. Since the life of each and every living thing on the earth depends on water, then scenario will get worse if useful water become dirty or started reducing. A water looking fresh and drinkable from outside can be mixed with the harmful and toxic elements through various sources like industries, factories, sewer, etc and cause illness and death if ingested by animals, plants or human beings. Here are some tips which really will help us to save water:
- Parents should aware their children about the need of water conservation. They should avoid buying recreational water toys (which require constant stream of water) to their children.
- Everyone should be aware of the water shortage rules and restrictions and strictly follow in their own area.
- Every employee should be active for the water conservation at their own work place and encourage their employer to promote water conservation in other effective ways.
- There should be water conservation awareness and tips for every starter in the orientation manual and training program at schools, colleges, work place, offices, institutions, etc.
- Water conservation techniques should be promoted on every news media such as TV, newspaper, radio, FM, community newsletters, bulletin boards, banners, etc.
- People should be more active in their area to report (to their owner, local authorities, water management of district) any problems related to water loss through broken pipes, errant sprinklers, open hydrants, abandoned free-flowing wells, etc.
- Water conservation awareness should be highly developed and promoted especially in the schools to aware children means future of the nation.
- School students should be assigned to prepare projects on water conservation or given this topic during any competition like debate, discussion, essay writing or speech recitation.
- It should be promoted at tourism level so that tourists and visitors can be aware of and understand the need for water conservation.
- As being educated citizens we should encourage our friends and neighbors to join the water conscious community.
- Everyone should make a task related to water saving and try to complete by the end of day strictly.
Clean water is very essential component of life, so we need to conserve water for the future safety. If we save water; we save life and save whole world on the earth. Water is called as the universal solvent so it is a key component ensures quality of lives. We should join our hands together and take a pledge of using water according to need only without contaminating it. We should save our water from the water pollution by inhibiting the mixing of industrial wastes and other wastes into the water.
Rainwater harvesting should be initiated by the people at village level. Rain water can be saved by making small or big ponds with proper maintenance. Young students need to be more aware and concentrate on the issues and solutions. Water insecurity and scarcity has affected people’s living in many countries of the developing world.
People have started understanding the value of clean water however not trying completely to save water. Saving water is good habit and every one of us should try their best to save water for the continuation of life here. Some years ago, no one was selling water on the shop however time has been changed now a lot and we can see the pure water bottles availability on the shops everywhere. Earlier, people were shocked by seeing water selling on the shops however now, they are ready to buy pure water bottle worth 20 rupees or more for their good health. We can clearly imagine that, in the near future there would be much shortage of clean water all over the world. Awareness programs should be run to let common people know about the potential problems caused by the drinking or normal water scarcity. There is urgent need to eradicate the people’s attitude about water wastage.